The Darville Company is currently offering our Fall Clean & Test! It’s recommended that filters be changed on a monthly basis, but we suggest that your heating and cooling system be professionally serviced and inspected twice a year just before the change of seasons when the weather is more temperate and you are preparing to make the switch from air conditioning to heating or vice versa. In this post, we’ll tell you why this maintenance is a good idea.
WHAT WE DO
Our Fall Clean and Test provides several services for your heating system. Some of these tasks you could do on your own, but others are better suited for a pro; so let us do the work for you. The Clean & Test includes:
- Check, clean, and/or replace all filters (we provide one free 1” pleated filter in the myriad of standard sizes with the service)
- Check and thoroughly clean out the blower wheel, including the housing
- Inspect electrical connections
- Check and clean out the combustion air chamber
- Check heat exchanger
- Clean pilot assembly
- Check condensate drain on condensing furnaces, clear and clean if needed
- A clogged drain pipe can cause significant water damage to your home if left unchecked.
- Check and lubricate motors
- Check all safety controls
- This is especially important as we switch from air conditioner to heat!
- Check the power supply to the system
- Inspect and calibrate the thermostat
- Check the outdoor fan motor on Heat Pumps.
- It’s critical that the fan be maintained to avoid spending hundreds of dollars for a replacement.
- Check the belts and adjust or replace if necessary
- Clean and adjust burners
- Check heat and fan relays and capacitors.
- Check temperature differential
- This ensures your system is operating properly.
- Provide maintenance supplies
THE HIGHER STANDARD
The Fall Clean & Test will get you ready for the winter, provide valuable maintenance for your unit, and, most of all, give you peace of mind that your home will be comfortable when that cold snap happens. Make an appointment today by calling the Darville Company at 432-580-9675. We provide The Higher Standard of Excellence in all that we do from how we answer the phone to the final White-Glove clean-up.